SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:26:46 +1100
On 15/03/13 00:11, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> It is a long shot, but is there anything interesting in the differences
> between the packages you've listed?
>
> Perhaps a bug fix in wireless-tools-29-8.1 or a patch to ath9k in
> kernel-3.8.2-206 may be the key here....

Well, I have something even stranger here... After days of trying
different things, reinstalling, resetting the access point and whatnot,
now I cannot make the wifi drop out anymore.

I don't quite understand what happened... I loaded F18 onto the system
and left it going for a while to test. Zero dropouts. I went back to
SL6.4 Beta 2, and since then, no dropouts.

As I type this, the system has been up for 3h 15m, and not a single drop
on wifi.

Why? I have no idea. What caused it? I have no idea. What changed? I
have no idea.

I'm using the same SL6.4B2 that I installed previously. I'm using the
same kernel that I was before. I'm doing the same traffic as I was before.

Either way, the dropouts seem to be fixed.

Pat: If you have the same issue, out of interest, try loading Fedora 18
- see if it still drops out - if not, reload SL and see if it still
drops out. I would be amazed if that did something that caused the
problem to go away...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]