SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 09:42:22 +1100
On 03/14/2013 01:54 AM, Matt Lewandowsky wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:27:48 +1100, From: [log in to unmask]
>
>> So, as far as the access point goes, it seems the client disassociates
>> itself, then associates again.
>>
>> The PC seems think that the access point has gone away, and disconnects.
>>
>> Strange.
>

> When your system thinks the AP has gone away, do any other associated clients believe this, as well? Do you see this behavior if one of them does large amounts of traffic?

Interestingly, no. The laptop didn't either under the Windows 7 drivers.
It just seems under linux now, it drops out.

What is driving me insane is that work has a WRT54GL router running
dd-wrt and that *doesn't* drop out. I have a WRT54GS running dd-wrt and
it does.

I've been trying different versions of dd-wrt at home - thinking maybe
that is where the issue lies - but as yet, I haven't managed to track it
down.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]