SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
William Chivers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Chivers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:55:02 +1100
Thanks Akemi and Earl,

This kind of support is a good reason to stay with SL - I will try these two suggested solutions.

Cheers, Bill

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Earl Ramirez <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have a laptop that runs EL6 with NVIDIA Optimus technology. I have
> installed the following package from ElRepo and I use optirun to run any
> 3D applications.
>
> bumblebee-3.1-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
> kmod-bbswitch-0.5-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
>
> You can check out the following links to get your laptop up and running
> under EL6 with NVIDIA Optimus technology. You can also google "nvidia
> optimus linux"
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39948

> Kind Regards
> Earl Ramirez

Thanks, Earl, for posting this. In fact, *I* should have mentioned
bumblebee. :)

ELRepo's bumblebee and related packages are still in the testing repo.
It is a report like yours that makes it possible to push them to the
main repo. There is a minor typo in the current version of bumblebee
(the name of initscript is missing an 'b' like bumlebee). I will
release the fixed version to the elrepo-testing repo shortly.

Akemi