SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 14:59:15 +0000

On 03/03/2013 12:26 AM, zxq9 wrote:
> On 03/02/2013 11:51 PM, g wrote:
<<>>
> That's a pretty wild story. But before giving up I would make sure the
> original repos were in place again and do:

ha.

i always *CYOA*/*CMOA* first.

i believe in cyoa/cmoa, aka, c.y.o.a., aka, coveryourownass. :)

[/OT][/wy]
from unix years, a few years after cp/m was active, i ran
cromeco cdos and then cromix. chroot to a second drive,
make backup to hdd4, power down, swap hdd4 with ol backup drive.

it is too easy to cyoa with hdd in GB and TB. no power down
to swap hdd drives. lmya. :)

old day beauty was rack 19"/22" mount.

my rack systems was 2 s100 cromemco boxes and 1 slide out drawer.
custom built slide rack with s100 buss, 2ea buss extender boards.
front panel z80 code entry switches, w/auto-step/sngl-step switch,
led panel= cpu state, bus commands,
16 bit address= 4x hex display + hex leds,
byte= 2x hex display + hex leds.

off-rack/side-console= z80 design board, al entry key pad, 2 s100 sockets
16 bit address= 4x hex display, byte= 2x hex display, eprom w/r,
circuit design blocks.

beauty was i had 10M0 & 20M0 hdd to cold swap in a 4xhdd buss to make
full os system and data back ups.
[wy/][OT/]

> yum clean all
> yum distribution-synchronization

yid[yesid]

> Depending on what other repos were in the pile you copied from the SL5
> install a vast variety of packages built in funky ways may have been
> installed from anywhere. So no guarantees at all. If the above doesn't
> work then tracking down and fixing everything, though a highly
> educational experience, wouldn't be worth it over a fresh install if
> your goal is to actually use the system before the end of the coming week.

# cmoa1
cmoa #1 = always make cp/backup.
     cp [fw] -> [target];
   mv /etc/yum.repos.d/ /etc/yum.repo.d.org
     cp [fw] [fw101];
     cp [fw] /etc/yum/repo.d
   fw /etc/yum/repo.d
     cp /etc/yum/repo.d /etc/yum/repo.d.0101