SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2013 07:08:48 -0700
There was a response to this list concerning a vendor which provided
Nvidia "support" and got the proprietary driver to function.  The
relevant excerpt from a response from this vendor appears below --
without any indication that the vendor has any support beyond "tweaks"
-- presumably to configuration files for the running driver.  Thus, if
we (the EL professional users community) need Nvidia to fix its supplied
drivers, required for CUDA and 3D stereoscopic use, I strongly suggest
that we mount some "campaign" to Nvidia to do so.

Dr. Karant,

My apology for keeping you waiting.

Microway does not have access to the NVIDIA sources; we do not offer our
own CUDA driver. However, we do often perform tweaks to make the NVIDIA
drivers and CUDA work properly on the latest versions of Linux
distributions. Which tweaks are required depends upon the version of Linux.

--
Eliot Eshelman, Senior Technical Account Manager
Microway, Inc.