SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
"Novick, Jeffrey L CTR (US)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Novick, Jeffrey L CTR (US)
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:50:05 +0000
You can start looking here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_wireless_drivers#Linux
It's probably not a perfect answer as it only lists chipset compatibility, but I hope it's at least a start.

I personally have a Netgear WN111, using it with hostapd as an access point. It is stable in G mode.
When I try to set it up in N mode, it seems to just stop responding under load.
I saw a couple messages on other lists that others have had the same problem. G is good enough for my use, so I stopped searching.

I have not tried it as a client.

Jeff