SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:22:30 -0700
I thank several correspondents for the historical as well as engineering
insights into why TUV EL is used over SuSE Enterprise.  As for the
suggestion that this sort of question belongs on an enthusiast list -- I
have found very few enthusiasts who can provide the engineering basis
for a decision.

I take it that I am correct in one regard:  there is no CentOS
equivalent using SuSE Enterprise as TUV? (CentOS as I understand the
situation does not have paid professional developers, unlike SL or the
Princeton distributions, but relies upon volunteers, many of whom are in
fact computer programming professionals.)  I have not found one.

Yasha Karant