SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 13:18:50 +0900
On 03/02/2013 03:34 AM, Konstantin Olchanski wrote:
> ...GNU Hurd (vaporware).

Not vaporware. But the two consumer-end distros based on it are still in
Alpha. Of course one of them (Arch) is perpetually in Alpha and the
other (Debian) is perpetually frozen in its release schedule, so I don't
know that this is really any different than their Linux variants...

http://www.archhurd.org/

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/

Arch Hurd has a liveCD out for x86, I don't think Debian is that far
along yet.

This won't change the world, in any case, because it doesn't affect how
the masses access their email, media or games.