SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2013

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:35:30 -0400
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Valery Mitsyn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after huge upgrade SL6.3 include kernel 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6
> and reboot to the newly installed kernel, a few our NFS
> server doesn't start but got a panic in a few seconds
> after init finished.
>  Some digging into the problem show that where is
> combination nfs+xfs on servers which leads to
> kernel panic. Servers running with nfs and ext3/4 only,
> or with xfs and without nfs run with kernel 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6
> so far without any problems.
>
>  Anybody seen this?

This is the level of service and complexity where, really, you want
access to the people who wrote the kernel. That can mean buying some
licenses and submitting the bugs directly to the upstream vendor,
becuase that loolks like fairly deep kernel issues.

Also, *why* are you mixing xfs and nfs services in the same
envirnment? And what kind of NFS and XFS servers are you using?