SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2013

From:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:00:57 +0100
Hi,

I've just tried to install ZFS on a recently update 6.4 system (64
bit). Yum complains about dependency error, see below.

Even manually installing spl-modules-dkms doesn't help, though it's
complaining about this one.

BTW, is it normal that the dkms package is available only from Epel
repo and not the main one?

Thanks,
Andras

# lsb_release -d

# yum install --disableplugin=fastestmirror --enablerepo=sl-addons zfs
Loaded plugins: protectbase, refresh-packagekit, security
82 packages excluded due to repository protections
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package zfs.x86_64 0:0.6.0-rc14.el6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: zfs-modules for package: zfs-0.6.0-rc14.el6.x86_64
--> Running transaction check
---> Package zfs-modules-dkms.noarch 0:0.6.0-rc14.el6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: spl-modules-dkms = X for package: zfs-modules-dkms-0.6.0-rc14.el6.noarch
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: zfs-modules-dkms-0.6.0-rc14.el6.noarch (sl-addons)
           Requires: spl-modules-dkms = X
           Installed: spl-modules-dkms-0.6.0-rc14.el6.noarch (@sl-addons)
               spl-modules-dkms = 0.6.0-rc14.el6
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem