SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2013

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:57:25 -0600
This announces the initial availability of Scientific Linux 6 Addons.

As part of our attempt to keep Scientific Linux 6 tree clean we've moved many
of the tools used to build Scientific Linux into the Scientific Linux 6 Addons
repository starting with Scientific Linux 6.4.

Support for the sl-addons repo will be added into SL6.4.

The addons repo currently includes tools used for building Scientific Linux -
including many of our internal tools - as well as some rpms that may add
useful behavior.

New rpms include:
  - python-rpmpatch
       A Scientific Linux internal tool for automatically patching source rpms
  - python-Updateinfo
       A Scientific Linux internal tool for automatically generating updateinfo
  - pssh
       A python script for accessing many systems at once

The existing revisor, livecd, and liveusb rpms have been placed in this repo
already.

The current list of rpms can be found at:
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/addons/i386/repoview/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/addons/x86_64/repoview/

For more information on the Scientific Linux 6 Addons repository feel free to
review:
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/addons/x86_64/README

This repo currently includes a fully functional updateinfo for people using
yum-security.

Thanks,

Pat

--