SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 07:25:45 -0500
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We will release this RC2 as released on Feb 5, 2013 unless we hear
> about a important issue.

I'd noticed it showing up in the mirrors. Looks good, I've been
testing some of the more interesting published components and am quite
happy with it. It is *definitely* time for most of us to be using SL
6.x. for stability and compatibility with modern free or open source
components.

In fact, I've got some tweaked configurations for the "mock" software
builder that are suitable for SL releases. Any suggestions on the best
way to get them into the "contrib" packages, as "mock-sl" to augment
the CentOS based configurations normally built into "mock"?