SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Charles Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:25:44 -0500
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Charles Campbell
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> My computer at work has been set to do automatic updates, and I generally
>> try to keep my version of vim "on the bleeding edge". However, on Feb 1 I
>> was no longer able to compile vim with gui-enabled using gtk, shortly after
>> automatic updates were set up.
> If you're not keeping the vim build structure on the bleeding edge as
> well, for example by using up-to-date SRPM's, you won't get new
> dependencies reported. Are you building from a Fedora SRPM, or what?

I'm building vim using Bram Moolenaar's copy at ftp.home.vim.org , cd
/pub/vim/unix, vim-7.3.tar.bz2,  and patches he provides for vim
development (under /pub/vim/patches/7.3).  Bram Moolenaar is the author
of vim.

The code compiled and linked to gtk2  until recently (about Feb 1, which
corresponds to patch#799); none of the patches since 799 have had
anything to do with causing missing header files in /usr/include.  There
was, however, a change to using automatic updates at that time.

Regards,
C Campbell