SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:28:33 -0800
Well this has been a thorn in my side for months but I think I've
figured it out.  At least I found a plausible reason for it and it's
been working longer than it has before.

The problem turned out to be I had both gsisshd and sshd running and the
fix was to use chkconfig to disable it.

The really weird part that made it hard to figure out was that ssh would
work for days then suddenly stop.  "sudo service sshd restart" would get
it to work again for a few days.

I had installed the gsi server stuff because we will (hopefully) move to
that certificate based access soon, not thinking that it would be
enabled on install.

The take home lesson is think before you install potentially conflicting
services.

Thanks,
Joe