SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 18:07:27 +0000

On 02/08/2013 03:19 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
<>

if you did not already check your settings in "about:config", i
suggest you do so to insure that settings are as desired. you
may need to create a "user.js" so that you have an override to
the "prefs.js" if they get reset with each reboot. for this
procedure, see;

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Modify_Thunderbird_settings

if you do not see what you want, check the 'hot links' that are
imbedded in the pages and the "See also" and "External links" at
bottom of each page.

also,,,

>>if you open your internet browser and log to site;
>>
>>    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mail_and_news_settings
>>
>>then use<ctrl+f> and enter
>>
>>    mail.biff
>>
>>in search bar, you will find the settings for "mail.biff.*".

among those settings, you will see a "mail.biff" setting to enable
'popups' that you may have to manually add to "about:config".

again, if the settings do not 'stick', they need to be added to
the "user.js".

<>
> I've got all those settings right as verified by the method you
> suggest. They were set from the GUI, something I have done many
> times and which have always worked out of the box until I hit
> SL6.3.

i am at sl5.9. i need to add memory to move up to sl6.3. :(

what version/release does sl6.3 have for thunderbird?

> I go one step further with an add-on "Tonequilla" which
> allows me to have recorded voice announcements for users or
> groups via the Thunderbird mail filters, and that is what I
> really need working if I am going to continue to use this, I
> can't come running up a flight of stairs every time Thunderbird
> goes ding-dong, and it doesn't even do that now, no alert sounds
> at all.

i try to keep add-ons to a minimum and do not know about Tonequilla".

it may be a bug that it is not working with your version/release. if
so, you will need to file a 'bugzilla' report.

it would not hurt for you to join the mozilla support list;

   https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/home

mozilla also has an 'ask' page where you might find an answer;

   https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/ask

the "Explore Help Topics" will give some guidance for various problems.
see bottom of page "Can't Find an Answer" to check if anyone is using
"Tonequilla" to get help. or, if there is an 'authors site' for
"Tonequilla" on page where you pulled "Tonequilla", contact them to see
if they know what problem is.

> In fact I don't remember seeing the visual notification
> come up either but I will need to verify that.

see above for 'popups'.

> I do appreciate the information about where the configuration
> actually is set though ...

you are most welcome. i wish it had been a simple answer. but then,
what is?

--

peace out.

tc.hago,