SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:56:14 -0500
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I should be making some samba4 rpms soon but mine will not start with
> fedora. RedHat has this insane idea that they are going to fix MIT kerberos
> 5 after more than a decade of it being broken. So they've stripped out the
> embedded heimdal kdc. The problem is it doesn't work properly without
> heimdal. And the latest version of heimdal is compatible with the kdc in
> windows server 2012.
> Ps don't worry I'm not going to replace the mit libraries or client that
> would be crazy instead I'm going to install them heimdal versions in
> different locations.

??? Oh, boy. I interviewed there for a QA role on the IPA project.
(Good role, I think I just didn't have the deep Kerberos chops they
were looking for.)

I've grabbed the Fedora 18 SRPM and am trying to backport it. It has
these missing dependencies in SL 6:

        iniparser
        libldb # breaks dependences for sssd on old libldb version
        libtalloc
        libtdb
        libtevent
        systemd # the new init script scheme in recent Fedora releases

For a number of those dependencies, Samba 4.0.2 won't even compile on
SL 6 without updates.