SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 12:01:14 -0600
On 02/05/2013 11:51 AM, Alan McKay wrote:
> I see LAPACK 3.0 when I do "yum search", but the latest version is 3.4.2
>
> Is there any place to get the newer RPMs for SL 5?
>
> I've looked into building it but the instructions assume a knowledge
> of using the package.  I'm just a lowly Sys Admin and want to build
> this for some scientists I support.
>
> thanks,
> -Alan

Alan,

I'm not familiar with LAPACK myself, but if you are unable to locate a
repo with newer versions (suggest checking EPEL), one thing to try would
be retrieving the srpm (source rpm) and modifying the spec file to use
the newer source package and rebuilding.  You might run into dependency
issues that may or may not be trivial.

Best Regards,
Mark

--