SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:51:35 -0800
We too used to use components written in perl under a distributed
environment.  As this is a new installation, and as we need to find a
more maintainable and scalable solution, I posed the query for comments
from those with actual field experience.

The fact that puppet does not seem to scale well is bothersome -- ruby
is no problem as various members of the group have (some) fluency in
many languages, including ruby, perl, python, java, and the incarnations
of sh (sh, bash, ksh, etc. -- with current emphasis upon bash).

Our leaning now is to use cfengine.

Yasha Karant