SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2013

From:
Glenn Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:37:33 -0600
We (another group at Fermilab) have used Puppet for a couple of years now
to manage a few thousand systems, with good results.  As Steve and Jamie
both noted, it's essentially a new language to learn, though a fairly
simple and well-behaved one.  There are many user-contributed modules
available, etc.

We switched from cfengine, which is a viable alternative but has some
limitations that we wanted to get past.

Glenn