SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2012

From:
Ibrahim Yurtseven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ibrahim Yurtseven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:56:47 +0100
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> What do your family members see with \\ipaddress\, where "ipaddress"
> is the IP address of the Samba server? And are you using the built-in
> Samba, or a hand-compiled one?

I'm using the samba rpms from the official repo, installed with yum.
On "\\ip" they can see my share named "public", but they can't open it
with activated SELinux and activated firewall. They have writable
access to this share with deactivated firewall and disabled SELinux.
So it must be a problem with the firewall and/or SELinux. I think
SELinux isn't correctly configured.

> Not relevant with SELinux disabled.
> Not relevant with firewall turned off temporarily.

I want to offer this share with activated firewall and enabled SELinux

>  consider using the "system-config-firewall" tool to
> manage these, rather than doing them manually.

I opened the ports in the frontend, but it won't help!

--
Ibrahim "Arastirmacilar" Yurtseven
2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.i686