SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2012

From:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:28:24 +0100
Hi,

I'm using KVM like the following without having to use root access:

su -
yum install libvirt virt-manager qemu-kvm
chkconfig libvirtd on
# create new group for libvirt
groupadd libvirt
# add my user to this group
usermod -G myuser libvirt
# enable groups for libvirt instead of the default root
# http://libvirt.org/auth.html#ACL_server_unix_perms
nano /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
        unix_sock_group = "libvirt"
        auth_unix_rw = "none"