SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2012

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:22:51 +0100
On 12/12/12 10:29, Tomas Macek wrote:
> Hello, I don't know where exactly should I ask for this, but this list
> seems to be suitable for it.
>
> We found out, that ipset kernel module is included in SL kernels since
> 2012-06-12 from version 2.6.32-168 and the utilities are available in
> 'sl' repo in 6.3 but not in older 6.x versions.
>
> Is it possible to include the ipset package into all the SL 6.0+
> distributions the same way is it is in 6.3? Or where should I place my
> with?

It seems ipset was first enabled in RHEL 6.2, so I wouldn't expect SL to
change from that regime.

<https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/6.2_Release_Notes/index.html>

Even though the kernel support may have been available at an earlier
release point, it might just as well have been a tech-preview of that
feature - which are not officially supported by TUV.

So I'd rather recommend you to upgrade your installations.  When it is
fully available, as in 6.2, it is first at that point really considered
ready for production.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth