SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2012

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:15:46 -0500
Earlier today starting at 7:30 am CDT we had a scheduled power outage.

The computer center room hosting the following Scientific Linux systems
went down and is in the process of service restoration.

   www.scientificlinux.org
   ftp.scientificlinux.org
   ftp1.scientificlinux.org
   rsync.scientificlinux.org
   listserv that serves the Scientific Linux mailing lists

The whole building is on UPS/Generator.  There was a "fire sensor" which
tripped the "Emergency Power OFF" of the computer room that houses these
systems.  The computer room is slowing getting back online.  Since the
listserv system is in this computer room I have not been able to send out
a notice of this outage until now.

-Connie Sieh