SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2012

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:09:46 -0400
On Friday, October 12, 2012 01:33:31 AM Hemberly, Paraszt wrote:
> *Q*: Is this a stable thing to do? I mean can this cause problems in the
> future? (that there are some epel packages installed, but I use a whitelist
> after installing the mentioned few packages to help stability - because I
> only need epel for the few things gparted/wine/cups-pdf). Will these stepes
> cause problems in the future?

It is difficult to tell what may happen in the future; since CentOS is very
similar to SL, the CentOS wiki page on the rpmforge repository is
instructional:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

Priorities are what I use, and I use the priorities recommended on those
pages.

I have personally seen a few packages 'chain update' between RPMforge and EPEL
back before I started using priorities, and one of them in particular was
quite a bit different between the two repos (amavisd).