SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2012

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:02:24 -0400
On Saturday, October 06, 2012 03:03:25 PM Lamar Owen wrote:
> My test IA64 box is now up to my inhouse rebuild of CentOS 5.6, and the 5.7
> packages that are either new or have changed since 5.6 are rebuilding now.

> I thought some might be interested; if you're not, by all means feel free
> to delete.... :-)

And, again, in case any are interested, I have successfully built up through
5.7 and 5.8, and have my test Altix 3200 running the GA 5.8 release.  I
haven't yet built the updates, planning on doing that this week.

And again my thanks go to the team at CERN, who did the hard work of
bootstrapping IA64 for SLC 5 in the first place; to upstream for supporting
IA64 in their commercial offering the whole time; and to members of the CentOS
team and users for both SL and CentOS for their advice, hints, and much needed
encouragement.