SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2012

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 23:27:53 -0400
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've got an SL 6 setup to deal with which I inherited, with hosts that
> only have two NIC's, need to be on three VLAN's, and need to run KVM
> virtual servers. 9Actually, they may wind up as our favorite upstream
> vendor's distribution, but I'm working with what I have now.)

Finally got this working on one host. The underdocumented key
was........ (drum roll please).......

Enable IPv6, even though it's not in use.

With bond0 set up for the two physical ports, a set of VLAN enabled
ports called bond.vlan1, bond.vlan2, etc., and those and those VLAN
enabled ports hooked to bridges called br1, br2, etc. I'm up and
running.

Now, if I could just get the *other* host working....