SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2012

From:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:36:46 -0400
> Do you still need mt if you use a package like bacula?

Regardless, I find having something like mt very useful when
troubleshooting problems. mt, along with things like dd, allows me to
verify that I can talk to a tape drive and do basic things with it
without wondering if the backup software is somehow messing things up.
I have mt on all my Linux NetBackup servers.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.
                             - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.