SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2012

Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:56:21 +0900
On 10/31/2012 02:11 AM, Andrew Z wrote:
> Sorry I'm a bit lost - can I or can I not use konqUeror under xfce
> without dragging along half of kde?

You would need the KDE libs and several supporting programs. You'd
probably consider this "half of KDE". Roughly the same in the direction
of Gnome if you want to use Evince, though. Most likely you have all
that installed anyway if you use many desktop programs -- nearly
everything relies on Gnome or KDE libs, the benefit of running them on
top of xfce is that the desktop itself isn't heavy.

Having your cake and eating it too is always expensive in some way.