SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2012

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2012 01:04:42 +1100
On 14/10/2012 1:00 AM, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 12:09:40AM +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
>
>> However, it seems to be provided by the package buildsys-macros. I've
>> installed that and as its only populated at package build time, we'll
>> see what happens this time around :)
>
> RPM macros are *only* evaluated at build time, so that package need to
> be installed when the package is built.  Don't you use mock?

I do - however I couldn't get it to install the kernel SRPM I produced
with an rpmbuild -bs kernel-xen.spec. When I tried to build using the
epel-5-x86_64 target, it wouldn't even get past installing the SRPM. I
had to transfer ~/rpmbuild to an EL5.8 machine, build the SRPM there.

Not quite sure why that compatibility issue exists, but so far I've been
building the initial SRPM on a 5.8 system. Any hints here also would be
greatly appreciated!

> In SL6 (not SL5) macros.dist is provided by the sl-release package.

Yeah, I saw that. Probably why I haven't run into it before :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au