SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2012

From:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:11:40 +0200
hi sven,

> i try at the moment to figure out why our QDR Infiniband is not
> as fast as it should be. So I realized that we use 2k mtu size, and
> tried to change this to 4k. But don't now how.
how fast are you expecting to get? (and what are you measuring)

> enviroment:
> mellanox connectX-3 cards in interlagos machine with sl6.3 64 bit
> (RHEL/SL Ofed stack)
interlagos as in AMD RD890 IO bridge that only has max pcie payload of
128byte and thus can only reach 75% of a pcie-2 link (which will result
in approx 75% of the QDR link)
(google pcie payload plxtech, theres a pdf soemwhere with a self
explaining plot)

very nice of amd not to have pcie-3 chips ...

stijn