SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2012

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:23:41 -0400
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Don't focus on the boonding its transparent once configured.
> Treat the bonded interface bondx like it was a ethx and the guides will make
> sense.
> I beleave off the top of my head the answer is apply the bridge to the vlan
> interface unless you want the vlan tags to go to the vms and do 802.1Q on
> the vms. I know running 802.1Q to a vm sounds crazy but I've seen it done to

"Off the top of my head the answer is apply the bridge" is not
helpful. I can google as well as the next engineer, better than most.
I need a precise answer, please. What do I need to tweak in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0.vlan1 to enable it not
merely as a VLAN, but as a bridge suitable for KVM virtualization? If
I'm forced to use the ifcfg-bond0 device as the KVM bridge, I'll be
forced to set up the VLAN configurations in the guest VM's and
that..... causes real adventures for kickstart and anaconda.