SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2012

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:57:24 -0400
Dear Sir:
On a test system we installed 6.3 and after looking at the new KDE and other
desktops decided not to deploy SL 6.

Now the problems began.
We installed 5.7 on test system and allowed it to find internet settings
automatically.   The system was updated using yum to latest.   We noticed
that KMail was always off line.   On our production systems KMail can be set
to ON or OFF line by use of drop down.   Not on this on test system.
Internet works fine and we can send mail but no way to get mail as its off
line and "get mail" is grayed out.
There is a lot of stuff on internet about KDE 4 and this problem but nothing
works and things they were trying to do not exist in SL 5.7.
Any scheme to fix this problem - I suspect that problem has to do with
internet availability.   I appears to be up.
??
Larry Linder