SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2012

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:45:43 -0700
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the help of Stephen Isard, I have written a working nonpae kickstart
> file that can be included by any other SL LiveCD kickstart file:
>
> https://svn.iac.ethz.ch/pub/livecd/trunk/SL6/livecd-config/sl63-live-NONPAE.ks
>
> See for example
>
> https://svn.iac.ethz.ch/pub/livecd/trunk/SL6/livecd-config/sl63-livecd-gnome.ks
> https://svn.iac.ethz.ch/pub/livecd/trunk/SL6/livecd-config/sl63-livedvd.ks
> https://svn.iac.ethz.ch/pub/livecd/trunk/SL6/livecd-config/sl63-mini_livecd-icewm.ks
>
> You find a LiveCD, LiveDVD, and Mini-LiveCD for testing here (*-NONPAE.iso)
>
> http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/testing/63/i386/
>
> These Live iso's should run and can be installed on non-pae capable
> hardware.
>
> Please note the kernel-ml-NONPAE is provided by elrepo-kernel. It is not
> officially supported by SL or TUV.
> For more information see http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
>
> For building your own LiveCD see http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/build.html

Urs and Stephen,

Great work! I'm sure it will help users with non-PAE hardware.

I just wanted to add that, as noted in the referenced ELRepo page,
kernel-ml is a moving target and not officially supported by ELRepo
either.

That said, Alan Bartlett has been doing an excellent job of keeping
kernel-ml always up to date. I recommend that anyone running it
subscribe to the ELRepo mailing list [1] so that they can receive the
kernel-ml update announcements.

Akemi