SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2012

Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:42:03 +0900
On 09/14/2012 08:20 AM, Henrique Junior wrote:
> Hello, Volker
> I'm already a Fedora packager (not an experient one) and I'd love to put
> ntop in EPEL (it is in EPEL for EL5). The problem in maintain ntop in
> EPEL6 is that Fedora now uses systemd to manage our services instead of
> sysv. It is a Fedora policy to keep only one spec file and that spec is
> not compatible with EL6 anymore. That is why I believe that RPMForge is
> the better option.
> I'm open to ideas to make this package as useful as possible.

ntop deps are in EPEL already, so EPEL is the most sensible place to put
it imo.

You'll need to put your EL6-specific bits in conditional clauses within
the spec file, the same way you would if you were writing a multi-distro
spec (like the magical packages that can install on Vine, EL and SuSE).
Playing with spec macros may not be your favorite thing, but this is
possible and would open ntop to a broader audience.

I think there may still be some multi-distro packages in the core Fedora
repository if you need some examples. If not, let me know and I can find
something for you.