SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2012

From:
D Brandherm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D Brandherm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:31:53 +0100
Hi Pat

> You should be able to find remaining transactions in /var/lib/yum/

Ok, thanks. The "transaction-all" file tells me "install
0:retroclient-7.6.100-1.i386". So the transaction in question is what I
though it would be. I am still not sure what to do with it, though.

> I'd be curious what 'file' says about your weird temp file

No problem. The file command produces the following output "tmpeC4B3G: ASCII
English text".

Not surprisingly, whenever I try to open a 44G plain text file it crashes,
regardless of which editor I choose.

I still have no clue what exactly went wrong here, but I think it is fair to
assume that no way in hell the Retrospect install is meant to produce
anything nearly as large.

Dirk