SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:35:34 -0400
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Todd And Margo Chester
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     The both of you called it.  It did not know I got
> updated in the background.  I should have been suspicious
> when my stink' flash-plugin mysteriously got updated.
> Larry's pointing me to /var/log/yum.log was a
> light bulb moment.
>
>    The following fixed my problem:
>
> # yum downgrade libvirt  libvirt-client  libvirt-python
> Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit, security
> Setting up Downgrade Process
> 18 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

You might also consider disabling SELinux, if the machine is behind
reasonable firewalls. SELinux has been a *disaster* in system
security, costing far more wasted productivity and engineering
resources than many of active worms or attack vectors of the Linux
world, most of which it does not really help with. (Bad PHP is bad
PHP, and SELinux does not necessarily help at all.)