SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:18:34 -0700
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Todd And Margo Chester
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> According to /var/log/yum.log, something is doing back
> ground updates.
(snip)
> How do I turn off these background updates?

One of the packages added by SL is yum-autoupdate (in SL 6). According to:

http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/6x/features/added

yum-autoupdate
Added for those users who want their system automatically updated
without having to worry about doing it by hand.
This is installed by default.

As already pointed out, this is the one that performs auto update in
SL 6 and can be configured by editing /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate .
yum-cron is used in SL 5 but is not installed by default.

Akemi