SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:29:20 -0500
That was about the point when they started using firmware drivers.  I
know this for a fact because I had to download the firmware for my
Belkin N USB adapter after upgrading to that or maybe the previous
kernel.   I had to revert back to older kernel version to get even my
Linksys USB adapter to work; neither work reliably with the 2.6.32-279
kernel, even with the firmware drivers for them.  (I get the same sort
of behavior as you.)

I am using the 32-bit CentOS kernel, but I think they are pretty much
the same, right?

I am now considering rolling back to an even earlier kernel that allows
my Belkin N adapter to work.