SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

From:
Malcolm MacCallum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Malcolm MacCallum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:00:26 +0100
Yes I use NetworkManager. nm-tool showed the interface but marked as
disconnected. It also showed the usual set of wireless networks in
range including my own router. ifconfig, iwconfig and iwlist showed
what I expected (including 'iwlist wlan0 scan').
I did try to remedy the situation with iwconfig
(aiming to follow it with dhclient) but could not make a successful
connection. It may be I needed some additional argments to iwconfig:
I did use the correct essid, key and access point.

Now I'm back in business I can readily check that wpa-supplicant
is running, but I did not check it while stuck in single user mode.