SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:32:35 -0400
[I keep forgetting that the SL list needs reply-all.....]

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 02:09:31 PM Todd And Margo Chester wrote:

>     Okay, not a bug, but really foolish, bearing in mind to
> temptation to throw the power switch.  Especially when
> an end user is in charge of the server (small business).
>
>     What exactly does removing "rhgb" and "quiet" from my kernel
> command line do?

Removing rhgb and quiet gives you the 'traditional' console text scrolling by, and this will show the fsck in progress, unlike the color bars (or if your video card supports plymouth properly an 'animated' logo shows instead of the crawling three bars).