SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:45:14 +0200
On 18/07/12 15:37, Semi wrote:
> 1) When the SL6.3 is expected? Centos 6.3 already exists.

*sigh* do you read these mails in the thread you just replied to?

Again, here's a couple of pointers which might give you a better clue:

<http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1207&L=scientific-linux-users&T=0&P=11071>

<http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1201&L=scientific-linux-users&T=0&P=17067>

> 2) When I run update from Centos I also updating the release number.
>
> For example:
> from Centos 5.2
> yum update
> I'll get Centos 5.8
>
> and SL doesn't raises the release version ?

That's documented here:

SL 6.x:
<http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/howto/upgrade.6x>

SL 5.x:
<http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/howto/upgrade.5x>

Unless you have installed the yum-conf-sl6x package (on SL6.x), you
won't upgrade the minor version of the distro automatically.  So in that
case, you need to do it explicit as described above.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth