SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2012

From:
William Lutter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:22:13 -0500
Wouldn't you know it, I just rebooted my SL6.0 or 6.1 linux PC prior to leaving town for a week and it hangs on all 3 of the available kernels.

I see a black screen with white letters "Scientific Linux 6."

I've not tried start up options. No problem with this PC. I did have a matlab issue using lots of cpu with java machine which is why I rebooted, that was a minor irritant.

Is the reboot hang related to the xorg update issue? As I can't access this PC remotely (I can't ping it), any suggestions on how I fix this?

Thanks for any advice,
Bill Lutter