SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2012

From:
David Crick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Crick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:22:54 +0100
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 05:16 PM, David Crick wrote:
>>
>> the updated evdev package had already been
>> installed on the 6.0 machine, and so had not solved
>> (or, was still part of) the problem of a flickering
>> monitor and inability to fully load KDE.
>>
>> So for me the situation is still unresolved - currently
>> running on base packages shoe-horned back in.
>

> Blast!
>
> Any chance for a copy of your xorg logs?
>
> I'd also love the output of 'lspci'

Bearing in mind it's now running on the original 6.0
xserver packages, will output in that situation be of
any use to you or not?

I also had the idea of running that system on both
the 6.2 and 6.0 Live discs, and performing xserver
updates (and then an xserver restart) on both to
see what behaviour it exhibited there.