SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2012

From:
David Crick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Crick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:16:06 +0100
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM, David Crick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Thanks for providing this; the effort here to "go the
> extra mile" in fully documenting the situation is
> appreciated.

Just to briefly update this thread; comments have
already been posted to the other specific threads
on each subject below.

> I will try an update on my 6.0 machine over the
> weekend and report if everything is resolved.

the updated evdev package had already been
installed on the 6.0 machine, and so had not solved
(or, was still part of) the problem of a flickering
monitor and inability to fully load KDE.

So for me the situation is still unresolved - currently
running on base packages shoe-horned back in.

> I will also give the "testing" kernel a try too!

Although off-topic for this discussion, I will just add
here that the updated kernel ran fine on both 6.0
and 6.2

    David.