SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2012

From:
James M Pulver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M Pulver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:16:15 +0000
I'm trying the steps outlined in this blogpost:
http://zews.org/rhel6-active-directory
which is actually working partially for me. I can log in (with some users anyway), it seems to get the home directory from LDAP and shell. It doesn't seem to get the groups. I have added (as listed in the example confs on that blog post) groups files sss
and even tried editing to
netgroup files sss
with no luck - it still seems to be using our old NIS to get groups.

Finally, finger seems to have cached information (we had %H/user) for home dir, that didn't work, changed to /home/user and then logins worked, but finger still shows the older entry...

Any ideas?

--
James Pulver
LEPP Computer Group