SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2012

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2012 19:25:52 -0700
On 06/09/2012 08:42 AM, Rob Chaney wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> Can someone give me exact directions on how to update java for google
> chrome?
> Firefox is easy, I just have to update link to point to the new
> location, but I can't figure out how to get it to update on chrome.
>
> If it helps you any, I play games on a site called pogo.com
> <http://pogo.com> and if java is up to date my pop up windows will open,
> hang a few minutes and come back with an java error message that tells
> me I need to update java for the site to function properly.
>
> Thanks!
> Rob

I just ran a Java test using http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Java SE7 Update 04

and it passed using Chrome Version 19.0.1084.52

The environment is SL 6x IA-32 .

If you wish, I will attempt to find out the detailed configuration in
terms of which files are in which directories, soft links, etc.

For reasons beyond this list, I try to keep Firefox, Seamonkey, Chrome,
and Opera current on all IA-32 or X86-64 standard workstations for which
I have root control, all of which are on SL 6x .

Yasha Karant