SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2012

From:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:48:54 -0400
> And in this day and age with password sniffing
> going on over local networks by zombied machines and happening as a matter
> of government policy worldwide in data centers, and the historic firewall
> wackiness with FTP's 2 channel communications, *WHY* is your client using
> FTP for anything that is password based?

In my own environment, I have things like embedded systems and and
systems running OSs that were current and shiny back before I had gray
hair that need to use FTP to do file transfers.Given the closed nature
of those networks, and the extreme cost of replacing those systems
with things that are shiny and new now, this is deemed quite
acceptable.

I don't know anything about the original poster's environment or how
he's using FTP, but in my experience there situations where it is
perfectly acceptable.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

Sanity and insanity overlap a fine gray line.

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.