SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2012

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:57:39 -0700
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Fernando Andrés Muñoz Bravo
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Nothing special. Only enable support to XFS filesystem. I have a hard disk
> formated with XFS, and I need to back-up its content.
>
> I read that repos for x86_64 have a kernel module, but I didn't found it to
> 32 bit. Also, I wish to "perform" my OS :)

XFS is enabled in the 64-bit kernel but NOT in the 32-bit kernel.

Yes, you can build your own 32-bit kernel with xfs enabled.  However,
use xfs on 32-bit systems with caution because xfs has problems with
4K stack size (x86_64 uses 8k stacks). This is the main reason why
upstream does not support it.

Another note is that, if you are determined to go for xfs on 32-bit,
you can just build the xfs module instead of the whole kernel.

Akemi