SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2012

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 19:44:07 -0700
On 06/04/2012 04:19 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Yasha Karant<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>>
>> Back to my question:  is there such a matrix?  Has anyone -- paid
>> professional or volunteer -- prepared such a matrix?
>
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/faq/yum.apt.repo
>
> [ It's pretty funny to see "apt" is in the URL! :) ]

Thank you -- however, I have seen this URL and I do note that the
discussion stops with S.L. 5.x with no discussion of either SL 6.x (not
the same as SL 6x -- the full stop is significant) or the Princeton EL
distro/repos (as well as others).  Moreover, there is no discussion of
the relative "quality" or "reliability" of these various repos; e.g., is
the practical definition/criteria between production and pre-production
(beta or earlier) RPMs the same on each of these repos?

Yasha Karant