SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2012

From:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:19:25 +0200
Dear Devs,

I'd like to report a typo in the default samba configuration among its
remarks.

I don't know how to find the name of the samba package's maintainer in
SL or if this is the right place to report a bug regarding this package
- so put me in the right direction in case. Thanks.

When installing "samba" package, it comes with a default configuration
file here:

/etc/samba/smb.conf

There is a part in it:

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
;       [public]
;       comment = Public Stuff
;       path = /home/samba
;       public = yes
;       writable = yes
;       printable = no
;       write list = +staff

I guess the "writable" tag here should have a value of "no". I believe
it would be good to fix this.

Regards,

Andras